Giving to God Demonstrates our Faith
The purpose of tithing is to put God first in our lives. Giving back to God is an act of worship. God doesn’t need our money, but he knows we need to be generous because it makes our heart more like his.
“…remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”(Acts 20:35) “Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the first-fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.” Proverbs 3:9–10 “…see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” (2 Corinthians 8:7)
Your tithes and offerings support the ministries of our church. But they also build your faith.
When we are generous:
- we imitate God, following his example, blessing others in need
- we break the grip of materialism, the things we own no longer own us when God is our top priority
- we express our gratitude to God for his gifts
- we learn to trust God to continue to provide
- we develop contentment and avoid the traps of envy and jealously
We encourage to bring your tithes and offerings to a Sunday service, or you can give online. Many people have found it easier to give online, but we encourage you to make the decision that’s best for you!